Tuesday 26 October 2010

Spooky Science Show

This is half term and is one of our busiest school holidays of the year. So it is always very important to put on really exciting stuff for the very many visitors we expect. This time we have pulled out all the stops - which when you consider how few of us there are - we have really gone for it. Carrie Anne is doing a slime fest in the lab - about four different types if slime, goo and gloop. I am doing a spooky science show - which means lots of dry ice smoke, chemistry magic tricks and dressing up! I am a vampire all this week!
I first created this show four years ago and when I got the script out this year I was so surprised how simple the demos were - we have really come on in the last years.
So I have updated the show and I must say I am rather pleased with it. We still have some of the traditional tricks especially a cute one where we get out four very young volunteers and do a simple neutralisation disguised as a witches potion.
This time I have some really slimy alginate worms and instead of the usual elephants toothpaste, foam everywhere, type of finale I have carved a pumpkin and do the foam thing in it - the foam comes shooting out of the mouth and eyes and is totally gross - the kids love it!
We were amazingly busy today - which is great for the business - but I am absolutely wiped out and it is only Tuesday.
Tomorrow we have a private booking - a school holiday club - first thing and then we are putting on extra shows because we had sold all the tickets today by 2.00 so we need to be prepared. 
Of course that will probably be the kiss of death for visitor numbers and we will be quiet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment