Monday 1 November 2010

I actually get paid to do this!!!

I really love my job!
Sharing science with people is great - watching them light up  as you do a demonstration that is just so cool that they can't help but enjoy themselves especially when they didn't expect to have a good time - that is magic.
When I am collecting the tickets before a show and I can see the expectation on the faces of the kids and then afterwards as they crowd round to ask how you did it all. That is such a good feeling. Yes I know I am a show off and I love the adrenalin rush of being on stage but I also really get a buzz from seeing people realise that science especially chemistry can be fascinating. Not just the flash bang stuff - Oh yes I do that sort of thing - but the colour changes, the stuff they can do at home and the slime!
Last week we had a super time with spooky science - this week a little more toned down with changing materials for primary schools but still great fun.
And I am so pleased with my pumpkin!!
Try this for a peek http://yfrog.com/7bhalloweenz

No comments:

Post a Comment